Your Shopping Cart
Your cart is empty.
Salvias A to Z
Easy to Grow Plants
Salvias by Zone
Salvias by Color
Salvias by Season
Salvias by Culture
Salvias by Use
Salvias by Origin
Special Salvia Groups
The Latest from Mr Sage
Ask Mr Sage
is one of the most popular categories in our
blog. Here are a few of the latest posts:
Ask Mr. Sage: How to Place Advance Orders with FBTS
- Flowers by the Sea is a mail-order nursery eliminating craziness from garden planning with advance orders and customer selection of shipping dates. Ask Mr. Sage is a regular feature based on calls and emails received by FBTS. This article details how to use our redesigned preorder process and other catalog tools for making sure you get the plants you want when you want them.
Ask Mr. Sage: How to Select Plants for Garden Triumph
- Planning for Salvia garden success requires following the rule of selecting the right plant for the right place. Desert sages aren't appropriate for the damp Southeast. Moisture-loving ones aren't right for desert climates where they need lots of watering to survive. Flowers by the Sea Farm and Online Nursery offers tips for selecting plants based on local climate. Ask Mr. Sage is a regular feature of the FBTS Everything Salvias Blog.
Ask Mr. Sage: How Should I Prune my Salvias?
- Flowers by the Sea Online Nursery specializes in Salvias and often receives questions about how to prune them. Although getting good at pruning takes practice, Salvias rebound quickly if you make mistakes. A key to successful pruning is understanding the varying needs of four main categories of sages. Ask Mr. Sage is a regular feature of the FBTS Everything Salvias Blog.
Ask Mr. Sage: Do You Offer Free Shipping?
- Like free lunches, free shipping is a myth. Flowers by the Sea doesn't offer free shipping, because it would require increasing plant prices to cover the cost of shipping. Read more to learn how FBTS sets fair shipping prices. Ask Mr. Sage is a regular feature of the Everything Salvias Blog and is based on calls and notes from customers.
Ask Mr. Sage: Best Time to Plant Drought Resistant CA Natives
- Drought resistant California native sages thrive when planted in fall. It's easier for roots to become established when soil is warm, air temperatures are cooler and precipitation is increasing. Ask Mr. Sage is a regular feature of the Everything Salvias Blog and is based on calls and emails from customers.
Ask Mr. Sage: What Is Shipping in Boxes Like for Salvias?
- It's understandable to worry about the condition of plants following shipment in a box. However, Flowers by the Sea Online Plant Nursery is exceedingly careful to make sure your plants arrive in healthy condition. A satisfied customer sent us the photos in this article. Step by step, they illustrate the process of unpacking and hardening off FBTS plants received by 3-day ground delivery more than 1200 miles away from our Northern California farm.
©1991 - 2018 Flowers by the Sea All rights reserved