You know your yard and climate better than we do. That is why it is so important for you to research a plant before purchasing it. In order to experience success, you need to select the right plant for your circumstances, including matters such as:
• Your USDA cold hardiness zone
• Average local rainfall
• Typical summer temperatures
• The amount of shade and open area in your landscape
• Good yard locations for morning sun and afternoon shade, and
• Whether there is an appropriate planting location with enough room for the Salvia’s projected growth.
Also, don’t forget to consider the colors and textures of existing plants in the area where you hope to plant the Salvia. You’re likely to have happier results if you survey your yard and research a Salvia’s traits before buying it.