Salvia Small Talk: Researching Before Ordering
• Your USDA cold hardiness zone
• Average local rainfall
• Typical summer temperatures
• The amount of shade and open area in your landscape
• Good yard locations for morning sun and afternoon shade, and
• Whether there is an appropriate planting location with enough room for the Salvia’s projected growth.
Also, don’t forget to consider the colors and textures of existing plants in the area where you hope to plant the Salvia. You’re likely to have happier results if you survey your yard and research a Salvia’s traits before buying it.